Monday, April 26, 2010

Closing Post Final Reflection

Coming into this class I thought that I was technologically literate, however I found out that I was not. I learned many useful skills throughout this class that can help me develop as a teacher. One of the things that I learned is how to make a blog and use it to blog. Blogs will be helpful for my future students to use either to learn something about someone else in another country or to publish their work. These are just two of the ways my students could use blogs. I can also keep a blog as a teacher to inform parents and guardians of what was done in class that day. Another thing that my future class could use is comments4kids and comments4teachers, where they comment on other children's blogs and other teacher's blogs. They can learn more from these other people and learn more about their cultures since they can live anywhere. Another tool I could use as a future teacher is iTunesU to put up homework assignments and lessons for students who missed class or students who want to go back and listen again. Also, parents or guardians could get on it to see what their child did that day. One more tool that I learned about is ALEX, which stands for Alabama Learning Exchange. This website has a lot of useful tools for teachers from lesson plans to a personal workspace. This class introduced me to many tools that I can use in my future classroom.

I am much more technologically literate now than when I started the class. On a scale of low, some, medium, good, and great, I would say that I am good with technological literacy. I am not quite great or know all that I can use in my future classroom. However, I am going to keep working to get to this point as I continue through school and become a teacher. Technology is always changing, so to keep up with it I will continue to research and expand my knowledge of technology. I will do this by using the tools that I already know and learning more about these tools and learning new tools. I will keep moving forward just like technology moves forward everyday.

2 comments:

  1. Thank you Kyleigh for your honest reflection. Technology is always changing. While it is useful to know the specifics about specific tools it is also important to consider the big picture and examine trends.

    I like your open minded outlook and willingness to learn new things. This trait will always serve you well as a teacher. SS

    ReplyDelete
  2. "I am going to keep working..." That's what it takes!

    Good luck and best wishes!

    ReplyDelete